Wednesday, December 2, 2009

MLB 2010 Team by Team Analysis Preview

Beginning today and concluding until the 2009 Winter Meetings in early December, I will be conducting a team by team analysis first beginning with the NL West.  Each team will be presented by order of their 2009 standings.

Before I begin I want to send out a very special thanks to a couple of amazing baseball resources/websites.  The first is Cot's Baseball Contracts, an incredibly detailed and comprehensive center of information dealing with the financial side of baseball and critical to any laymen (such as myself) who feels the need to play hypothetical GM.

Second, I want to thank Tim Dierkes for creating and maintaining my favorite source of MLB information: MLBTradeRumors.com.  Since I discovered this goldmine I've found myself, almost exclusively, going there for any and all baseball news.  Their Offseason Outlooks are incredibly concise and have pretty much laid out the groundwork (for me) on how I would like to format my own offseason analysis (in terms of info and financial obligations each team faces in the coming season).

With all that said, I want to welcome everyone to what I see in store for each MLB team in 2010.  The commentary on each team will be pretty much objective based on recent news sources but I will insert a few personal predictions based both on team needs and each teams unique organizational philosophy.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment